Moone High cross, Kilkenny medieval city, Kilkenny Castle and more
Up to 5 People
1 hour stop for local lunch
What to wear
Comfortable footwear, rain coat and layers of clothing
After a leisurely breakfast your driver-guide will meet you at your Dublin accommodation at 10hrs or a time that suits you and bring you on a full 8 hour day tour to Kilkenny. Our Kilkenny Day Tour is a great way to see this medieval city on a private day tour from Dublin.
Your tour will take you in a southwesterly direction out of Dublin through the counties of Kildare and Carlow. Your first stop will be at Moone to view one of the best High Crosses in Ireland. After this nice short break we will drive through Castledermot to rejoin the main route to Kilkenny. Once in the medieval town of Kilkenny and after a brief tour through the centre of town, stop off at Kilkenny Castle to enjoy a free 10 minute audio visual on the castle and its history before taking a self-guided tour of this imposing castle which stands majestically over the River Nore.
Once in the medieval town of Kilkenny and after a brief tour through the centre of town, stop off at Kilkenny Castle to enjoy a free 10 minute audio visual on the castle and its history before taking a self-guided tour of this imposing castle which stands majestically over the River Nore. In the afternoon, you may wish to visit the oldest brewery in Ireland, the home of Smithwicks, perhaps St Canices Cathedral and climb the 1000 year old round tower, the impressive Medieval Museum or join a famous walking tour. Return to Dublin mid-afternoon to arrive back at 17.30/18hrs approx.
Lunch options include :
- Kilkenny Design which is a showcase of local arts and crafts while also being renowned for its fine food (especially its desserts).
- Kytellers medieval Inn - full of legend and witchcraft right in the centre of Kilkenny town
Moone High cross, Kilkenny medieval city, Kilkenny Castle, St Canices Cathedral, Roth House, Smithwicks brewery, Medieval Museum and more…
- Private tour, luxury air-conditioned vehicle, driver-guide (licensed and police vetted), Irish bottled water, vehicle fuel, all road tolls and vehicle charges etc.
Admission Costs (additional):
- Moone High Cross: Free
- Kilkenny Castle Audio-Visual: Free
- Kilkenny Castle self-guided tour: €7 normally (Free at present). Concessions for Seniors & Students
- Smithwicks Brewery Tour: €tbd, Concessions for Seniors & Students
- St Canices Cathedral & Round Tower: €6 per adult. Concessions for Seniors & Students
- Medieval Museum: €7 to €12 (Unguided/Guided)
- Walking Tour: €25 depending on availability
Client Lunch: Not included in tour price.
Luxury touring vehicle
All road tolls
Full vehicle insurance
With Gan Tours, everybody gets a “Window seat”
With Gan Tours, our driver-guides are our greatest asset. Their expert knowledge and extensive experience touring Ireland combine to give you, our client, the best Irish experience available”